Welcome to Past Due Tuesday, where all things vintage get their due by sharing them with others!
If you are new and would like to participate in “PDT”, please follow the instructions below. We would love to have you join us!
Although the trend of "all birds, all the time" has cooled somewhat over the last 3 years, the popularity of bird cages hasn't flown the coop! More common are vintage metal cages (on a stand if you please), but
every once in a while, like now, we are in a flux with bamboo and wire cages.
The ones we have at the shop are not marked, but we believe all of these cages to be not of USA origin; most are imported from China. They are probably from the late 1970's although they could be newer too. When they've been painted, it's hard to tell.
Because their design and textures are so eye-catching people love to use them "as is" to decorate, or they like to put plants in them for display. And even though birds can tenaciously chew their way through the bamboo, with a little trickery you can house a real (small) bird in them. You must first keep your bird in an all metal cage for at least 6 months. When they learn they can't defeat the metal bars, they won't even try to chew through the bamboo ones! (Consult your feathered friends veterinarian for more information before trying this).
Now it's your turn! Please share your passion for vintage items by following these simple guidelines:
1) Post a picture of something vintage that you love, on your blog and tell us all about it! What’s the story behind it? Do you have an entire collection of them? Where’d you get it? Who did it belong to? What do you use it for, etc?
2) Add a link to your blog (in the MckLinky area at the bottom of this post).
3) Feel free to add the "Past Due Tuesday" button to your post or your blog’s sidebar.
(To add the button & image to your sidebar, follow these steps:
A. Save the image on this post to your computer.
B. Go to your add page layout page and click on the sidebar Add Gadget.
C. Scroll down to where you see add picture, click on that. Now select the image from your computer to download.
D. Now add the ROOMIES blog link in the link window and click save.)
(Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.)
4) Test your links and make sure they’re working! If your link gets deleted, it's because you missed one of the guidelines, so just reread them and repost again!
5) Visit and comment on as many of the other bloggers who are participating in “giving vintage it’s due” as you can, and have fun reading & learning about vintage items every Tuesday!