If you are new and would like to participate in “PDT”, please follow the instructions below. We would love to have you join us!
When was the last time you wore something soft and soothing (which probably smelled good too!)? Seems like when you're 18 - 45 years old your fashion sense is whatever is in style at the time, and comfort takes a seat in the very back of the vogue train. Speaking from experience, this ROOMIE can say that things start to lax again at the other end of the life curve. Yes, winter fleece sweatpants start to look better and better every year. But I digress. Think back to when you were very very small, and were carefully wrapped in something cute like this:
Can't you just smell the cloud of baby powder from the 1940's to 1950's from here?
Tiny buttons, ties, minute needlework and nursery animal shapes makes these baby wraps so precious. Even if your own babies are grown, can't you imagine displaying these on a clothesline, making pillows or something out of these? After all, CUTE is always in style!
Now it's your turn! Please share your passion for vintage items by following these simple guidelines:
1) Post a picture of something vintage that you love, on your blog and tell us all about it! What’s the story behind it? Do you have an entire collection of them? Where’d you get it? Who did it belong to? What do you use it for, etc?
2) Add a link to your blog (in the MckLinky area at the bottom of this post).
3) Feel free to add the "Past Due Tuesday" button to your post or your blog’s sidebar.
(To add the button & image to your sidebar, follow these steps:
A. Save the image on this post to your computer.
B. Go to your add page layout page and click on the sidebar Add Gadget.
C. Scroll down to where you see add picture, click on that. Now select the image from your computer to download.
D. Now add the ROOMIES blog link in the link window and click save.)
(Please be sure to have your post up before linking in.)
4) Test your links and make sure they’re working! If your link gets deleted, it's because you missed one of the guidelines, so just reread them and repost again!
5) Visit and comment on as many of the other bloggers who are participating in “giving vintage it’s due” as you can, and have fun reading & learning about vintage items every Tuesday!